Friday, August 06, 2010

My first easel card...

Good morning everyone...it's Friday! Thank goodness - it's felt like quite a long week :( Never mind, the weekend is just around the corner and I am looking forward to relaxing!

Last night, I managed to finally sit down and work out how to make an easel card. I looked at a couple of tutorials and it seemed simple enough but I realised that I didn't have a 12' piece of card so approx 11.75cm (A4) had to do so I had to adjust my measurements accordingly! That was the trickiest part. I have wanted to make an easel card for a while now and as it's my parents wedding anniversary today, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try out this new technique....

I didn't want to stick to the traditional reds/pinks of love themed card so I used some yummy Doodlebug paper that I picked up at Hobbycraft this week for 49p per sheet....

Kept it fairly minimal (my mum prefers my cards when they are simple in design!)

I used my new Panasonic Lumix G2 DSLR to take these pics - I have not had a chance to look at the manual properly yet so these are what I call 'test' shots!

Took a pic from the side to show you what it looks like. I got to use my new Martha Stewart score board too...

What do you think? I think it turned out ok - was surprised at how easy (apart from the measurements!) it was to make. I will definitely be making easel cards from now on! My Mum was very impressed when I gave it to her this morning :)

On a side note, I've only received 3 entries for my stamp giveaway so I thought I would extend it until Sunday and post the winner first thing on Monday. Please feel free to enter as many times as you want - I think I'll get Atty to pick a winner out of a hat!

Have a great Friday...

6 comments:

Rosa-kreattiva

beautiful card.... ;-)

scrappyjacky

It looks great...love the colours.

Katie-Louise Oakley

Heya hun,
Love the card, its super cute! :)
An easier way I found of making them without using 12x12 paper, is if you have 2 card blanks, fold one as normal, and then fold the front piece of the card in half again, and cut the other card blank in h alf and stick it on top.. if that makes sense?! lol Proberly not knowing me!
xxx

SallyB

Hi Hannah...
Great easel card! I made my first one this week although I did it a bit differently than you. I just took a square card and folded the front piece in half. Then just attached my mounted doggie image. it was a very simple version..I can't stand having to measure things. Hope you are feeling a bit more crafty!

SallyB

Hi Hannah...
Great easel card! I made my first one this week although I did it a bit differently than you. I just took a square card and folded the front piece in half. Then just attached my mounted doggie image. it was a very simple version..I can't stand having to measure things. Hope you are feeling a bit more crafty!

Anonymous

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.