Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday....to a penguin?

Well that was quite a tall order! A penguin on a birthday card...I was scratching my head for a while on this and searched high and low for the right image which proved to be quite difficult! However, I found this little guy which seemed perfect for a birthday card (majority of penguin images are winter/christmas themed!) from Cuddly Buddly Crafts the other day. Although the order was for a 90th birthday with a penguin on it, no other specifics were given so I wanted to keep the card bright and colourful...

I embellished the birthday penguin with some white g
litter on his tum, some ribbon, some glitter and a button...

I didn't want the card to be too crowded/busy so kept it fairly simple...

The colourful paper from DCWV does the trick and the Martha Stewart punch finishes the sentiments off nicely...

I love the furry star brads from Making Memories...


This is 1 out of 2 cards for my friend's order so I'll post the other card up in the next few days. Lots has been happening over the past few weeks so I haven't had too much time to craft but after this week, things should hopefully be happening for us! Atty gets his results on Thursday so we'll be finding out if he has got his place at University. If he is unsuccessful then we have lots of other options available so I guess it's wait and see' time! I've got an interview on Tuesday for a place on a Floristry course (1yr, full time!) as I think I would love to do that for a career and combine my love of making things into a business, perhaps in the wedding industry. Who knows! Apologies for rambling...it's just been about 2yrs in the making so it's been a long time coming for those of you that know me. Onto happier time fingers crossed... :)


1 comments:

ired4400

hello there,
really like your cards and the design of your blog. thanks for stopping by and looking at mine also, still working on it .