Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Simple wedding...

Good morning all! I just can't believe it's the first day of June today...where is this year going? That means I officially only have 21 working days left at work...wow! That is gonna fly by.

Hope everyone had a great Bank Holiday weekend. Mine was a good 'un...chilled out lots and got to make some cards! Also saw Sex & The City 2 yesterday and had lunch with the family which was nice as we don't often do that nowadays.

My big sister has flown to Boston today and I managed to slip a little list into her suitcase if she just happens to go past a Michaels....fingers crossed hehe! I am desperate for a EZ Pull Ribbon purse but I refuse to pay £18 for one!

Anyway, my sister's friend got married at the weekend and she asked me to make a card for the happy couple. I'll be the first to admit that I am not too hot on wedding cards but never one to shy away from a challenge, I gave it a go!

Simple wedding embellishment did the trick..

The adhesive pearls are so pretty...

Plain white ribbon tied and trimmed...

Love the handmade paper...

Very simple card but I like how it turned out in the end...

Unfortunately,I think it rained most of the day but it was inside a country hotel so I guess it didn't matter too much. My sister brought home the wedding favours which were iced cookies in little bags - they were very cute!

I have just finished making 40 place cards for a colleague at work and she asked if I would ever go into making wedding stationery. I have enjoyed making the invites and the places cards but it has been quite hard to fit it in with a full time job! We shall see....

2 comments:

Dora

For not being one to like wedding cards, this turned out quite an awesome card. I think it's really fabulous, love everything about it and I'm sure the newly weds did too xxx

Kathyk

Lovely card Han, what are your plans once you finish work then?

Kathyk