Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Relax....

Well I have the fortune (I use that in the sarcastic sense of the word!) of Sunday being my Dad's birthday as well as Father's Day and I was umming and ahhing about what to do for his birthday card and then I came across this week's Promarker Challenge which is 'a male themed card plus a sketch'. Here is the sketch...

And here is my interpretation...

The image is from Digi Boutique for 99p (click here) coloured with Promarkers of course...

Just typed the sentiment out on MS Word and coloured in the white card with a couple of different blue promarkers...

Candy dots and gems for a bit of bling...

I think he'll like it...it's much simpler than my usual style but I kinda like it!

I think he'll like the image....long story but my sisters and I clubbed together and bought him a beautiful hammock last year and he hadn't put it up still as of last week...so we all moaned at him for about a week and I came home from work last night to find him lying it in having spent the afternoon putting it together! So I think the hammock image is just perfect :o)

Have a great Thursday everyone...this is my Friday today as I am off work tomorrow. Very excited since it's Atty's last exam and my lil' sister should get her preliminary result for her degree so we're having a celebratory BBQ and I am in charge since my parents are at Ascot all day!

10 comments:

Emma

A fabulous card Han, love Jim and gorgeous papers.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

TG

Great card Han.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Sue C

Fab card Han, perfect image too ! Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Julie

Super card - I do love his little belly popping up!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a brilliant card and I'm sure your dad will love it. Great image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

SallyB

Hi Hannah..
Love your card! Lucky to have found an image that is very apt!
Was wondering if you had been to the interview in Bristol yet!?
I started my new job at a school in Bognor this week..so far so good!

Kathyk

It's delightful Han and dad will love it.

Kathyk

Anja's KortKreasjoner

Such a great card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck.
Hugs Anja

debs

Fab card Han..im sure your dad will love it..thanks for joining us at PFP..Debs x

Andie's Space

Hi Hannah,
Love the story behind the card. Great image & lovely take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx