Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hands up if you love pink?


Where has the sun gone?! I think it might make an appearance later on but with the British weather, you never know!

I managed to create this card last night before I went out for a curry (yum!) - am trying to get rid of my cold/hayfever, but alas, didn't really work! I have a couple of birthdays coming up and this is for a friend. Pink and girly never fails and as I haven't used a TGF image for a while, their birthday Anya came in handy!

I was pleased with the colouring for this image...just need to practise a bit more...


A glittery headband and gem centre for her bow completes the look...

I snuck a little butterfly into make the card even more girly...

Simple stamped sentiment with a punched glittery border...

Gorgeous Prima flowers make their appearance. I pinned a few together with a glittery white brad and embellished the leaves with glitter...

I decoupaged (must look up that word to check if I am spelling it right!) the cake; stamped, coloured and cut out the image twice to create the pop-out effect...

Et voila! I love PINK as I am sure you can tell from reading my blog and love the different tones of pink in this card...


I have decided to 'invest' (at least that's what I say to Atty when he groans: "What are you buying now?!" at me) in some products that I have not tried before...I might even do some reviews on them. Now which one to buy first?!

  1. Tim Holtz Distress Ink - it always look so unusual so this technique intrigues me!
  2. Silkies - I think they produce a similar effect to Smooch accent ink but we'll have to see...
  3. Flower soft - I have seen some amazing things done with this product so again, I am intrigued!
  4. Mirri card - no idea what this does but I'll find out! I've seen a few people use it...

I didn't get the job which totally sucked (big time!) BUT things happen for a reason and it just wasn't meant to be unfortunately. Is it going to stop me from pursuing my dream? It certainly isn't. I know if I work hard and be patient, I'll get there...you'll see!

1 comments:

Dora

I do I do... love pink I mean :) and your card is so pretty in pink.. the stamp is really beautiful too xx