Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lucky Cat...

Cats are supposed to be lucky aren't they? Or is it bad luck? I can never remember! Either way it doesn't matter too much since my lovely friend Kim adores the furry critters so I had to have one on her leaving card.

The first wave of leavers depart from the office tomorrow and unfortunately, the situation is becoming all too real :o( I'm so sad that one of my bestest work pals is leaving and I don't want to think about it too much until it happens! Definitely an ostrich moment :o) Never mind, just means that we'll have to have more non-working lunches! Always a silver lining and all that jazz.

So....I have bought her THE coolest thing in the world as her leaving gift - more on that later - but I wanted her to have a funky and bright card from me to try and detract away from the depressive situation - is that silly? I picked out a really, really busy backing paper and went from there...


This little minx is from TGF and I decided to blend her with the background using Promarkers and embellished with glitter glue and Smooch accent ink...

My Martha Stewart punching is becoming a little bit obsessive so maybe I need to branch out a little! I do find it quite hard to punch sometimes so I punch some bits of tin foil to sharpen it!

A sparkly K&Co flower keeps the card cute and girly...

Simple sentiment with co-ordinating ribbon at an angle makes it a little quirky...

Only a few raised pieces on this card (think it's only the sentiment and the two circles)...

I gave it to her about an hour ago along with her gift and she loved it! Always makes the time you put in to creating cards so worth it when people realise it's handmade. Here is the present I got her....


A cupcake caddy! She is the Queen of Cupcakes and they seriously are to die for...she is so talented! So I thought this would be perfect for carrying them around :o)

Anyway, this has been a very long post (well done if you've read this far lol!) so I will leave it at that. Hope you have a fab day!

Love,

1 comments:

Dora

Awww Han, this is really so cute love all that sparkly glitter and the kitten is so cute. Fabby present too you gave her :) Hugs xx