Monday, May 24, 2010

The knitting cow...

Good morning everyone! It is looking to be a b-e-autiful day here in Sussex - too bad I am stuck inside working *sniff* Never mind...it's paying for my craft habit lol!

I was a bit poorly at the weekend which was a bit rubbish but I still managed to summon up the energy to make this card for the Pink Gem challenge. The colour theme was Pink, Burgundy and Green and here is what I came up with...

This lil' cutie is from the Pink Gem range. I made this card for one of my best pals @ work who is off to Africa for 5 months in August to teach english. She is a knitting fanatic so this image was perfect. The cow is coloured with promarkers (who says you can't have a pink and green cow?!).....

Love these paper embossed flowers with a bit of bling...


Simple congrats will suffice...


Paper candy dots for the finishing touches...

The card looks brown in the pics but I can promise you it is burgundy! I had trouble finding burgundy flowers but I thought they are close enough...

I must admit and be honest that I did struggle a bit with this colour scheme but am a firm believer in trying new things...and different colour schemes! I thought I'd try out for the GDT spot - no harm in trying is there? It would be a great opportunity, so fingers crossed and wish me luck!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Pops x

I love the cutie image, thank you for joining us with our colour challenge at A gem of a challenge big hugs pops x x x Good luck with the DT call too x

Mandy

Love your take on the colour combo..gorgeous flowers..Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck with the GDT..
Mandy xx

Christine

Hi stunning creation gorgeous image & colours great take on the chall thanks for sharing & joining us at A Gem of a chall. good luck with the DT call..

Hugs Christine xx

debby4000

Adorable card, sweet image and colours.
luv
Debby

Janet

This is soooo cute!!x

Jennifer

Gorgeous card! Good luck with A Gem Of A Challenge! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/