Friday, May 28, 2010

Finally Friday...

Hurrah! It's finally Friday on what has been quite a stressful week. I am very much looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend as I am sure you all are too! Hopefully I can fit some craft time in :o)

Anyway! I have quite a few birthdays in May and I made this little cutie for a friend of mine at work. Hope she likes it! I decided to enter it into the Promarker Challenge this week with their theme of 'Anything Goes'. Check out the AMAZING prizes they have on offer...I am guessing they are splitting the prizes out (or at least I hope so!) as it would be good to see quite a few people win.

I took ages colouring Anya in - especially her hair! I tried out the Ryman card and it worked perfectly! It's not as stiff as other card I have but most importantly it doesn't bleed. Massive yay!

I decided to cut out the bow twice and stick with a foam pad with a jewel centre...

Love the purple and green together! I put faux white zig zag stitching round the edges - must try with a proper machine again soon...

Cute little sentiment which I coloured with a promarker. Perfect little butterflies too! You can just about see where I stamped purple pearlised ink on the green card...


Finished card...

Looking at it again now, am thinking it's a bit too busy but I am sure she will love the fact that it is handmade!

Roll on 3.45 when I roll on outta work! Have a great rest of the afternoon :o)

4 comments:

Dora

Hi Han, this is one gorgeous and colourful card, I love it. Love the shadings on her hair.. I'm always trying but never manage on this!!
PS wanted to tell you also that I got your gorgeous candy stamps. Thanks so much, these will be treasured. I love these fairies.. I got plates of them hung up on one of the walls in our house :) Hugs xxx

Julie

Great card and super colour scheme!! Thanks for joining in our celebrations at PFP this week - best of luck!! Juliexx

Anja's KortKreasjoner

Such a great card and colouring.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP for our anniversary challenge, good luck.
Hugs Anja

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps long time no speak - hope you are ok!