Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrrr!

Atty's little cousin told us this joke at his Dad's 60th and it really tickled me for some reason! Simple things etc.... ;o)

I bought this Pirate stamp at the NEC (courtesy of Stamposaurus) and then found the perfect backing paper when I was in Southampton at the weekend. I was in the mood for crafting last night and managed to make this little bad boy...

How cute is this cheeky chappy? There is something about pirates which I love (I blame Johnny Depp) so I just had to have it when I saw it at the NEC. I find that Stamposaurus stamps actually stamp very well and you always come out with a crisp image as though you've drawn it yourself ;o) You should be able to see the embossing on the black circle behind - reminded me of waves...

Although the main colours of the card are black and grey, I wanted to add a little bit of colour so I used a few instances of red here and there. Thought this little red crab was very appropriate so I placed him on a black leather shape...

I decoupaged (is that the even a word?) his hat so it stood out a bit more and also coloured his compass with gold pen. The circle of card was actually white but to make it match, I used grey shimmer chalk to blend it in...


Lots of different shapes in this card so I used different die cuts for the sentiment to contrast each other...don't always like to be matchy-matchy! Like the circle with the stamped image on, this sentiment was originally pearlescent white so I chalked this grey too...

I drew white accents on the black die cuts to emphasise their shape. There is also a circle of black flock behind the red ribbon - you might just be able to see it...

He's so cute! I really enjoyed making this card with all the different shapes and lines. It was good to make a card that wasn't straight lines and neat edges...I like the criss-crossing ribbon as well as the various red highlights in the card. What do you think?

Glad it's Wednesday...ever closer to the weekend. The sun is shining here so I will be clambering for the exit at lunch time! Enjoy your day...

Love,

2 comments:

SallyB

Hey Hannah...This is so sweet...Err... Shouldn't really say that for a bad boy pirate card should I? I mean it's totally wicked! Love the red crab..he looks mean too!

Jane

Fab card! The joke was not bad either! lol

Jane :0)
x