Friday, April 09, 2010

Wedding Chicks...

Happy Friday everyone!

I went to a wedding last weekend and thought it would be nice to send the newlyweds a couple to say thank you. I managed to pick up three stampendous stamps from ebay for £6 which was mega 'cheep' (hehe!) since the price tag on the stamps were about £6 each! I used this stamp on one of the cards and picked out the various pastel tones from the background paper...

The cute couple! I only coloured in the flower and the top hat since I stamped the image on coloured card and didn't want to spoil it...

Gorgeous prima flowers with a furry brad to complete the look...


You can see the different levels of the card from this angle - not as 3D as my usual creations...

Love the purple and pink together...

I am obsessed with 'forking' the ends of my ribbon tails! Just think it looks a bit neater but maybe that's just me...

The colours really remind me of Spring...bring on the sunshine I say....

So what do you think?

I am so used to certain techniques that you can run the risk of being 'set in your ways' but I always think it's good to try different things...even if it doesn't go your way! I like the stamped image with only two parts coloured in..think it's quite effective and stands out.

I'm off to Ally Pally tomorrow to stock up on craft goodies although I went to the NEC two weekends ago so hopefully this will be a smaller trip than usual (she says!)

Love,

1 comments:

Kathyk

Love your thank you card and sure the bride and groom will too. Hope you enjoyed AllyPally too.
Kathyk