Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Travelling at 60...

It was Atty's Dads 60th on Sunday and I had to make a card for Atty to give him. To be honest, I really struggle with male themed cards and I always feel under more pressure when it's for a family member or for Atty!

Atty's Dad used to be a pilot and is very well travelled so I thought this would be appropriate instead of using one of my male-themed stamps...

I cut the '60' numbers out myself and used shimmer chalk to emphasise the corners...

Also cut the letters out but they looked a bit lost without the blue centres so I added these in...

You can see the card that I used here...from the DCWV travel stack which includes a paper with aeroplanes on it. Perfect right?...

Love these little gems on the ribbon...all the colours go really well and not one of your usual combos...

The layers are fairly flat on the card about from the middle square...

Was relatively pleased with the final result but I felt it was lacking something - not sure what! Atty's Dad really liked it so I guess that is what matters. Guess I am sometimes a bit overly-critical on myself :o)

Anyway, I haven't been able to fit much crafting in recently but once I finish my job on 30th June I'm going to have plenty of free time to craft to my heart's content!

Hope you had a good Wednesday.

Love,