Monday, April 12, 2010

Hi there...


Good morning everyone...that weekend whizzed by quickly! I managed to sneak in some card making after my trip to Ally Pally (more on that later in the post) and make this card very quickly for a friend.
I picked up some smaller square cards at the NEC a couple of weeks ago as I sometimes feel that the bigger square cards that I use are just a bit 'too big' for a smaller sentiment e.g. thank you cards etc.
With Spring in mind, I wanted to keep the colours light and fresh as well as keeping it clean and simple...

Love the furry brads that Papermania do...think they complete the look of the flowers. Loving the lime green also..

Thought this sentiment was perfect and matched the colours of the card...it's a stitched circle from Making Memories...

One of my favourite ribbon techniques is to tie two different colours of ribbon together and gently pull either side of the different colours and glue down then trim the ends of the ribbon...

Still avoiding those sticky pads at the moment as you can see...

This card honestly took about 10-15minutes as I was so exhausted from Ally Pally that I don't think I would have managed a minute more! I love the purple, green and pink together...I love lime green as a colour and because it's so bright, I often find it difficult to combine it but I reckon this works! Oooh Lime Green and Black is a great combo!!!

Ally Pally was great, managed to pick up some great bargains and it seemed busier than usual...perhaps because I went a bit earlier this year. This is my third time @ Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show and will definitely continue going. Much prefer this show over the NEC which was too stressful! I managed to pick up some of my dream brads from Doodlebug Design's which was great amongst many many stamps...I am officially obsessed, it's terrible!

Anyway, I did make two cards for Atty's Dad's 60th Birthday which was yesterday and will post them later this week. Have a great Monday...

Love,

0 comments: