Friday, April 23, 2010

Glittered Butterflies...

Woohoo it's finally Friday! I am so glad it's the end of the working week :o) I don't have a really busy weekend either for the first time in weeks so it'll be nice to take advantage of the nice weather.

It's Atty's Gran's 90th on Sunday so his mum asked if I could make her a card. I love love love the pastel pinks in this card and throught the glittery butterflies (from meiflower) were great. I added on the wire antennae and coloured their bodies with smooch accent ink...

I added on the wire antennae and coloured their bodies with smooch accent ink. I also coloured in parts of the embossed strip of card. You can see my Martha Stewart punch being well used!

Lots of different textures and patterns being used as well as various shades of pink...

I didn't glue the butterflies down completely as I wanted their wings to be raised slightly off the page...

Here is a close up of the result of the painstaklingly (sp?) slow process of flocking the letters...

Have not used paper candy dots for a while but thought the colours matched up nicely. Also used smooch accent inks on the rough edges of the torn strip of pink glitter paper...


Fingers crossed the weather will be nice for her birthday celebration on Sunday. I've also made a card for her from me and Atty so I will post that on here over the weekend.

Have a lovely Friday and enjoy the sunshine!

Love,

1 comments:

Jane

It a lovely card. Funny enough I had to do a card for my Nan who was 90 a couple of weeks ago.
I love the butterflies!

Jane :0)
x