Sunday, April 25, 2010

Big is beautiful...


Monday already?! That weekend just flew by! Managed to make a few cards though which is always good :o)

Yesterday I went to Atty's Gran's 90th Birthday celebration sans Atty so it was a little scary! It was nice to see everyone and goes to show that I can do those family things without him :o) This was the card I made for her from me and Atty. I love theses big flowers from my Prima tropical tin - such a pretty shade of purple...

Purple flowers with torn paper behind and glittered petals. I added two more little flowers from Papermania to add a bit more depth to the flower...

There are lots of different shades of purple in the design but the two strips of patterned DCWV card are the only hints of patterned paper...

This is probably the most accurate photo with the various shades of purple on show...

I added some faux stitching in with a purple glaze pen...


Atty said she loved the card which was nice. I really enjoy knowing that people love the fact that is handmade and that real effort has gone into making a card. I'm not sure I could buy a shop bought card again!

My blog candy is now up and running until 17th May so make sure you enter. Got to be in it to win it!
Enjoy your day!
Love,

2 comments:

Cherry

Hi Hannah,

Glad you are ok and I love this card - I think it will be treasured by Atty. Have a good week Hugs Cherry XXX

SallyB

Hi Hannah...Well Done on the cards and for going to the party!
I love the glittery butterflies on the card from yesterday as well.