Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wedding Invite Samples...

Apologies for my lack of blogging recently....as you will see from the next couple of posts I have been quite busy (crafting and non-related crafty things!).

If you remember, last year I was asked to make some save the date cards for a colleague's daughter's 2010 wedding so now it was time to make the invites! I make 5 different samples so they can hopefully pick bits of different samples so that we can come up with an invite that that they are 100% happy with...

Sample No.1....

It's only one-sided so the information is on the back...

Sample No.2...

The lillie's were quite hard to originally track down since the bride requested orange calla lillies...

Gorgeous gold organza ribbon finishes off the invite ...

Sample No.3...

Not sure if you can see but the insert is in there but isn't glued down like the others. Calla lillies are glued to one side only and the ribbon is tied differently...

Sample No.4...

Very simple but effective...really like the handmade paper...

Sample No.5...

Different ribbon used again to tie the lillies...

Can't decide my favourite! I really like the simplicity of No.4 but like the fact that No.1 is one-sided and doesn't open up like traditional wedding invites! I am torn! :o) I really enjoyed making these and was a bit nervous as I've never made invitations before but I think they turned out OK!

These invites will definitely keep me busy when they have decided on the final design. I think they would like me to make the rest of the wedding stationery too which will be great experience for me as well as a challenge!

Love,

0 comments: