Monday, March 01, 2010

Dino Fun...

Encouraged by the recent stitching I have seen on various blogs, I decided to have a go for the first time yesterday! Helped by my very patient mother, I was shown how to do a zig-zag stitch and after a few goes, managed to make a square! I know it's a bit wonky in places but hey, it's my first go so cut me some slack ;o)

Loving the lime green and brown combo so used both colours in the tag and ribbons...

You can't see it particularly well but there is some green flocking on his spots...

This was white card to begin with...I embossed it although you can't see too well (again!), then coloured in with a lime green promarker...

Had to get a button (or two!) on there as their presence has been lacking on my cards recently...

You can see the different textures here...including the ink smudging on the lime card (outer edge), embossed brown card, handmade green paper with stitching, plain brown card, then the coloured lime green card as the inner edge...

Different angle for the final piece..

This card was fun! Having had quite a stressful week it was nice to have such a relaxing weekend...I managed to make two cards to add to my stash (will post the other on here tomorrow)....I am enjoying the new techniques and products I have discovered - love to blog-hop!

Love,

1 comments:

Dora

Well done on the stitching, looks fab and I love your card. the colours are so funky :)