Thursday, February 11, 2010

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple...

My good friend at work turns 50 on Saturday and as she commissioned me to make her daughter's save the date cards (and invitations, place cards etc!) I thought it would be nice for her to have one my hand made cards for her big day! The title of this post is tongue in cheek as she doesn't look 50...but I love that poem! As you can see, lots of purple on this card as I know she likes that particular colour...

I took a pic of the card flat so you can see the different layers...

Beautiful Prima flowers with a velvet brad centre...

Love the pearlised card...I coloured in the '5' and the '0' with my trusty Promarkers...

This is one of the bows from the new Papermania Capsule Collections...

Thought this sentiment was really cute...

Love this Forever Friends stamp - first time using it...

Another look at the finished card...

Crafty Recipe...

Patterned Paper - Forever Friends - 6 x 6 'For You' Paper Pack
Ribbon & Sentiment - Stash
Bow - Papermania 'Heather' Capsule Collection
Numbers - DCWV Spring Stack coloured with Amethyst Promarker
Flower - Prima with Papermania brad centre
Gems - Anita's
Glitter Paper - The Flower Factory
Stamp - Forever Friends coloured with Promarkers - Saffron, Blush, Vanilla, Silver, Amethyst, Lilac, Orchid, Aubergine, Cinammon, Cocoa

* * * * * * *

I'm starting to get excited about my birthday now! Only a couple of days to go :o) I am so silly when it comes to birthday (whether it's mine or a loved one's!) and I get so excited over them...even as I get older! Maybe I'll change my mind when I hit 30 :-s

Anyway, I am slowly getting back into my craft mentality. We had a CV workshop yesterday at work (and today) and I definitely feel a bit more proactive about what I'd like to do when my job comes to an end:

- continue wanting to be a production editor for a craft magazine
- perhaps go into freelancing for craft magazines?
- or open a craft shop (omg wouldn't that be heaven?!)

I will get there it's just a bit daunting not knowing where to start! What's your dream job?

Anyway, nearly the weekend! Not sure I'll have much time to craft this weekend (apart from my DT stuff for CB as I'm the guest DT for the Let's Get Stamping group next Saturday - major yay!)

Have a great day!

Much love,

3 comments:

Kathyk

Wish I'd known you when I hit 50!! AND my fave colour is purple too - this is super, bet she loved it.
Kathyk

Dora

What a nice card, you should enter it for this week's Passion for Promarkers Challenge as the theme is bows and buttons xx

Craftyhan

Yay Dora you can leave comments! :o) Han x