Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thank Ewe...


The day has finally arrived! I am this week's guest designed over on the Craftbubble LGS group. I set a sketch along with the theme of 'animals'. Mr Hannah's sister helped make my lovely birthday cake so I decided to make her a thank 'ewe' card using my sketch. Here is the sketch..

And here is my interpretation of the sketch...


How cute is the little sheep? He's from one of the Honey & Hugs sets . I added some googly eyes to give him a bit more of a 3-D feel as well as some cotton wool for his hair. You can sort of see where I have embossed the pink card in the corner with a flower pattern as well as using my Martha Stewart doily punch...

A gorgeous Prima flower with a velvety Papermania brad...

Just fancied adding these bows on as it looked a bit bare in the corner. I sometimes worry that my cards are a bit too crowded but everyone's different...

Another bit of embossing (can you tell it was my first go?!) and a sentiment transfer from the same range as the stamp...

You can see the different layers here...it's not very often that I don't layer the pieces of my card. I think it's quite important to have different layers to make the card stand out - but that's my preference! You can also see that i coloured some parts of the embossed card with grey as it looks a bit bold without the toning down...

I only used a grey promarker (think it was Cool Grey 3) fo the background and I coloured in his ears, hooves and nose with a jelly roll black pen...

Crafty Recipe

Sheep Paper & Stamp, Sentiment - Papermania Honey & Hugs collection
Image stamped using Black Memento ink and embellished with gelly roll pen, cotton wool and googly eyes
Bow & Ribbon from Stash
Flower - Prima with a Papermania brad centre
Punch - Martha Stewart doily punch

Hope everyone enjoys my challenge this week! I have to make quite a few thank you cards this weekend so hopefully I'll be able to have another go at the sketch :o) I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's cards!

Much love,

2 comments:

JulyeB

Love this cute sheep and weren't you a lucky lady getting all those fab things for your birthday. I will drop you an email as I have just seen I'm lucky too thanks again Julye

Cherry

Lovely challenge and card Hannah. It's great to see that stamp inked up as I keep looking at them. I love the details you've used too. Really delicious! Off for a think hope you have a good weekend. Hugs Cherry XXX