Friday, February 19, 2010

Special Delivery...

It was Lauren's turn this week over on the Let's Get Stamping group over on CB and she had come up with a great twist for this week's challenge! You had to have an embellishment (preferably hand made) as the focal point of the card instead of a stamped image...but there had to be stamping somewhere on the card. Here is the sketch...

And here is my interpretation...

Here is a close up of the embellishment - I cut out the baby gro from some pink handmade paper then embellished with buttons, a bow and dabbed some pearlised ink on the edges...

Here is the stamped element of the card - first go at using pearlised ink, stamped cute little pink footprints to create backing paper...

Instead of the normal 'new baby' sentiments, I picked a different one to use...

Crafty Recipe

Paper - Forever Friends With Love paper pack
Glitter Paper - The Flower Factory
Sentiment - Paperchase
Buttons, Bow, Stamp - from stash
Handmade paper - Papermania
Ink - Memento dewdrop Pearlised Ink, Orchid
Hanger - Hobbycraft; think it might be Craftime

*******************

Hope the girls over on CB like it :o) I must admit although it seemed a bit daunting at first, it was nice to go back to embellishments. I have been a fan of stamping for under a year so it reminded me of how I used to craft - I guess you get stuck in your ways!

Thank GOODNESS it is Friday, so pleased at that. I am excited about my first GDT spot over on the LGS group so keep your eyes peeled for that tomorrow.

Have a great Friday!

Much love,

3 comments:

Debbie x

love that babygro! looking forward to seeing your sketch tomorrow x

Lauren Hatwell

Lovely job Hannah. I just love those little stamped footprints. Great idea. Thanks for supporting my challenge. Lauren x

Dora

Love your card, and I love the sketch too... Good Luck xx