Monday, February 08, 2010

Pink + Lime Green = fab colour combo...

Well I managed two out of my three cards this weekend! Not bad going considering I thought...I was going to combine the last two challenges but I couldn't find an Anya stamp with wings on it - d'oh! I will try and do that card this week for a lady at work's 50th birthday :o) So over on the Let's Get Stamping group over on Craftbubble this week it was Karen's turn to host the sketch and her twist was 'wings' and here was her sketch...


And here was my interpretation of the sketch...


I came across the two different types of paper in the DCWV 'Kids' matt stack and it went perfectly with the Rachelle Anne Miller stamped image I had picked...

Very plain sentiment but wanted to use the word 'wishes' as the image was quite magical...

Here you can see where I have glittered and flocked - I reckon I will get obsessed with flocking!!! I wanted to keep the colours complimentary of each other so stuck to pink, green and brown...

Beautiful K&Co Citronella paper flowers...

I added a little pink glitter glue on the red gem to make it less red...

Crafty Recipe...

Paper - DCWV 'Kids' Matt Stack
Glitter & Flocking - Papermania
Flowers - K&Co Citronella
Image - Rachelle Anne Miller (Magic Fairy) coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment - Anita's Peel-offs
Glitter Glue - Glitz It
Ribbon - Stash

I have enjoyed getting back into the swing of things in terms of my card making this past week. I had forgotten how therapeutic it is :o) Anyway, here is to a quick week at work so that the weekend can arrive (and my birthday lol!)

Have a great week!

Much love,