Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cats, like butterflies, need no excuse...

Happy Tuesday everyone....well it's still very grey and miserable but I've got a day off work tomorrow so I'll be a happy gal at 5pm today! :o)

I knew I had to make another card for Mr Hannah's mum this week and I didn't really set myself a day to do it but I came across one of my Rachelle Anne Miller stamps last night and started colouring it in...and then I started to piece the card together. I don't know about anyone else but I sometimes get a bit frustrated when I have to set myself a crafting time slot (e.g. when someone has commissioned a card) so I've decided to try and not do that and just do it when I'm feeling creative and not so pressured...does that make sense?! Worked prety well last night as I really enjoyed this card! I was only set the theme of 'cat/cats'' so here's what I came up with...


Not sure if you can see it but I smudged some white glitter chalk onto the card. I also tried the technique with the promarker around the outside of the image...still not sure!

Glittery little brad for one of the centres of the flowers. Bit of smooch accent ink used here too...

Glitter, glitter, glitter, oh how I love thee! These flowers actually look like they are made out of fabric but they are actually paper...

Good ol' transfers came to the rescue again but this time in silver...

And then another view of the card...

Crafty Recipe...

Paper - Forver Friends 6 x 6 'Party Time' Paper Pack
Card - The Paper Mill
Ribbon - Stash (in fact I think it was the ribbon tabs you get on cardigans!)
Sentiment - Transfer sheet from Hobbycraft (Silver)
Image - Rachelle Anne Miller stamped using Memento Ink & Coloured in with Promarkers
Accents on the image - Smooch Accent Ink (Sugarberry), Sakura White Pen, Papermania Brad, Papermania Chalk
Flowers - Papermania 'Heather' Capsule Collection and some of their glitter brads

Hope she likes it. I actually decided to put some glitter on the wings of the butterfly to accent the wings a bit more but didn't take another pic!

Well best be off to work... :o) Have a great day, whatever you're doing!

Much love,

0 comments: