Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Robot Ramblings...

I think my crafting mojo is finally starting return (that and I have a bit more time on my hands!) so I have managed to make two cards so far this week.

I sometimes find it difficult to make cards that I consider to be 'out of my comfort zone'; cards like male themed cards and kid's cards but I came across one of the packs of stamps I had picked up in the states and just had to use him! I found some matching paper and brads and it all started to come together...I wonder how other people piece together their cards? I guess it is different for every card but first came the stamp, then the paper, then the brads and the rest kinda fell into place after that! Anyway, apologies about the dodgy photos (they were taken in a rush before work this morning!) - here is the finished 'robot' card...

The funky robot and rocket brads...think they set the card off nicely...

The little fella that started it all...

You can see his gem buttons here as well as where I have 'dabbed' on smooch accent ink around the rocket as well as the sentiment to give it a 'rusty' look and drawn green lines to 'accent' (pardon the pun) the edges of the frame - can't get enough of that ink, just so versatile...

Very blurry pic (apologies if it makes your eyes go funny!) of the happy birthday embellishment...I never used to struggle with this part but I do find it difficult to match my sentiments now, think I got away with it here...

Another blurry pic of another one of little robot brads...


Crafty Recipe...

Stamp - Recollections 'Robots' stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers
Plain Card - The Paper Mill
Patterned Cardstock - DCWV It's All About Boys Matt Stack
Brads - Around the block 'Boys'
Gems and Sentiment - Anita's and Papermania
Ink - Smooch Accent Ink in Green Apple and Pumpkin

So there you have it!

I guess it's good to 'create' out of your comfort zone every once in a while, keeps your ideas fresh instead of repetitive cards!

It's my birthday soon and I've asked for some promarkers (and a wallet) to add to my collection. I love using them and especially love the new colours. I am obsessed with stamps and inks now...I blame my fellow crafters! :o)

Hope everyone is well! I hope to start entering some challenges again now I'm starting to have a bit more free time again! Here's hoping anyway.... ;o)

Much love,

0 comments: