Monday, January 25, 2010

10(ish) minute make...

Good morning all! Hope you had a lovely weekend :o)

My sister gave me the challenge of making a quick engagement card for her friend who had just got engaged. I was short of time anyway and up for a challenge so I managed to make this in just over ten minutes...

I wanted to keep it really clean and simple so I kept it very minimal on the embellishments. This is my first time using vellum and I loved it! I came across this paper by Papermania and thought it would look great on this card...

I 'cheated' a little as the embellishment was pre-made (apart from the white swirls of glitter which I added myself as well as the pearl centre for the flower)...

To add a little personalisation, I stamped 'Shell & Dave' with silver ink and randomly embellished with silver glitter glue...

Crafty Recipe

Papermania Glitter Vellum
Heart Embellishment from Artymiss (although if I had time I would have had a go at making myself as it looks fairly straightforward)
Papermania Fine Glitter
Glitz It Silver Glitter Glue
Silver Ink & Papermania and Studio G Stamps

What do you reckon you can make in 10 minutes?

Much love,

3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell

Beautiful card Han. Sometimes less is more isn't it. Love it. Lauren x

Jane

Gorgeous card. I love simple cards. Hmm card in ten mins, might give that a go today.
Sorry I have not been around much, but back now.

Jane :0)
xxx

Kathyk

I'm sure that Shell and Dave will be very pleased with their card and it proves that you don't HAVE to spend hours on each card.
PS Welcome back Jane
Kathyk