Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tractor fun...

A friend at work asked me to make a birthday card for her nephew who turns 4 this week. I don't make children's cards very often so it was a chance for me to be extra creative! The brief included a digger or tractor, Joshua's name and the fact the he was going to be 4 years old. This is what I came up with....

I printed the digger on red card and coloured in a few bits with a black promarker. I then used red glitter glue all over and added two googly eyes..

I wanted it to look like the digger was actually saying '4 today'...hope it came across that way...


I kept the lettering simple, almost child-like and also made sure the colours matched colours in the backing paper...

The whole card is quite simple but I didn't want to overcrowd it too much with lots of different sections...


Recipe...

Paper - Kids pack from Dovecraft
Cardstock - Paper Mill
Googly eyes - Hobbycraft
Number and Lettering - DCWV Spring Stack
Blue & Red Glitz It Glitter Glue


I gave it to her yesterday and she seemed to love it which was good! I must admit I did struggle initially but once I picked out the right paper and sorted out the main image I felt much happier. Really hope her nephew likes it too!


I enjoyed making this card in the end as I haven't had the chance to be very creative in the past few weeks :o)


Much love,


0 comments: