Monday, October 12, 2009

Lilac lovely...

I was asked my Nan to make a card for my cousin for her 21st which is at the end of this month and I couldn't think of anything for aaaages but I came across these beautiful papers from Making Memories and everything started to fall into place! It's funny how you can sit there for ages and then you pick something up (paper, ribbon, embellishment) and then the ideas will start to flow! Hurrah :o)
I thought I would also enter this for this week's Anyone for Anya challenge (Paper Piecing) and also Passion for Promarker's which had a recipe to follow: 3 shapes (not including the card) so I've got a circle, square and rectangle, 2 papers -the two different patterned bits and 1 ribbon (butI forgot it was only 1 ribbon and I got a bit carried away with 2 - hope they won't mind & penalise me too much for that so I thought I'd enter it anyway!) Here is my card...

Birthday Anya - coluored in with promarkers and the flame is embellished with glitter...

Cute little metal flower and the all important '21'....

I am liking this ribbon technique...cute little lilac gem..

Gorgeous Making Memories paper with the light mint green and lilac...

Recipe...

Plain Lilac Card
Making Memories Paper, Metal Flower, Letters & Numbers, Ribbon & Gems
TGF Birthday Anya stamp coloured in with Promarkers and embellished with Papermania Fine Glitter

Really like these colours and probably wouldn't put them together and was (pleasantly!) surprised at how they complimented each other!

Have a good Monday...roll on 5pm!

Much love,

7 comments:

Michele

Such a pretty card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. I love this image (used it lots lately too) and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

scrappyjacky

Really cute,Hannah....and gorgeous colours....sure she'll love it.

Renata

Thanks you for entering AFA, couldn't find the paperpiecing or am I to blond?? ;)

Don't you just love the effect op paperpiecing?

Love from AFA!

Renata

Mary J

Oh Hanna, she is just so lovely! Great job!!

Sharon Keanly

Hi Hannah, remember me from Craftbubble? Came across your blog by chance and have joined as a follower, as I seldom go onto Craftbubble nowadays. Plse visit my blog, would love you to join so that we can keep in touch. I so enjoyed reading about your stall. I also attended my first one recently. You can read all about it if you pop around and visit me. Take care, hugs Sharon

Jamie Lane

Super cute! I love your coloring!