Monday, October 05, 2009

Cool Aqua and Apricot + Flowers

Well I don't know about the rest of the UK but it is pouring with rain here in West Sussex! I finally managed to fit in some card making last night and decided to make a card for this week's challenge over on the Promarker Challenge blog.

This week's colours are Cool Aqua & Apricot with a twist of flowers. I wasn't sure about the colour scheme but was pleasantly surprised at how well the colours complimented each other. This card took me ages as I wanted to make an effort as it was my first card in over a week! I went to The Glitter Pot at the weekend and picked up my first ever Magnolia stamp - Peachy Tilda! I decided to treat myself and bought the matching paper too :o) Here's how my card turned out...

My NBF - Peachy Tilda coloured in with promarkers...I also used a Cool Aqua Promarker to colour in the background as I didn't want to use it too much on her clothes...

The ribbon tied and trimmed (first ever go at displaying a ribbon like this...think it turned out ok!) and also the TGF circled sentiment. You can also see the gorgeous paper from Magnolia to match the stamp!


Close up of the beautiful little paper roses (think these were 99p for a pack of about 30-40). You can also see where I coloured the edge of a piece of Apricot coloured card to create a border...I also coloured in some different sized spots too with my Cool Aqua Promarker...


Sorry about the last pic...came out a bit blurry! I layered the peach flower on top of the felt flower and coloured the leaves with an Apricot Promarker. You can see where I coloured the border of the card with Cool Aqua Promarker and then cut the Magnolia paper (in a wavy fashion!) to layer over the colouring...


Recipe...
  • 'Yummy in my Tummy' Paper is new from Magnolia range (papers to match the stamps - woohoo!)
  • Peachy Tilda stamped on white cardstock using Tuxedo Memento Ink and coloured in with Promarkers (Apricot, Gold, Orange, Cool Aqua, Moss, Cinammon, Cocoa, Ivory, Blush, Vanilla - always amazes me how many I use without realising!)
  • Circled Stamped Sentiment from 'The Greeting Farm' coloured in with Apricot and Cool Aqua Promarkers
  • Blue Ribbon from Stash (two lengths tied together and trimmed the ends to create a fork)
  • Paper Roses from 'The Works' (I'm sure it's a brand but they are loose in my craft box!)
  • Blue Felt Flowers and buttons and Peach Paper Flowers from Making Memories

Hope you like it!

Much love,

5 comments:

Caryn

This is stunning Hannah I love the flowers and that stamp is gorgeous.
Thanks for playing along at pfp.
Hugs,
Caryn

Mervi

Lovely and fresh card;-))m

Dragonlady

Hi Hannah

Love your use of the colour coombo. the flowers are amazing - great card.

ali x

Michele

Gorgeous card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. Love your new stamp and your colouring is fab. Great papers and the ribbon looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x