Monday, October 19, 2009

Autumn shades...

Wow, so it's been a week since I last blogged -naughty me! What has happened in those 7 days in the world of Han? Well...quite a bit I can tell you! Mr Hannah and I have decided to go to Florida....in 5 weeks time! Nothing like last minute eh? His parents are out there for a month and his sister and her boyfriend are joining them for the last two weeks, as are we now. I'm very VERY excited about it but that doesn't leave much time to organise things but I'm slowly starting to tick things off my long list.

Obviously that takes first priority at the moment so crafting has taken a back seat but I managed to find some time last night to make a card. I chose to combine my card for this week's Anyone for Anya challenge which was 'Autumn Colours' as well as Passion for Promarkers which was Any colour + sketch. Well here is the sketch....

And here is my interpretation of the sketch and 'autumn colours'...

A close up of Anya coloured in with promarkers of course (excuse the poor pic!)...

Tried a bit of DIY decoupage this week with the flower on her hair...

The beautiful flowers came from Oxfam. They are cotton rags would you believe it! Only £2.99 for a good selection and they have brights, christmassy colours and pastel shades. I put the gold gems on myself...

Thought i'd try two colours of ribbon this week...trimmed the ends to a point...

My 'celebrate' stamp from Studio G inked in gold and embellished with adhesive gold gems...

Final look at the card to see which bits of the card are raised...

Recipe

Backing paper is - DCWV Pet Stack
Plain Cardstock -The Paper Mill
Martha Stewart Doily Punch
Gold Adhesive Gems - Papermania
Ribbon - Hobbycraft (29p a metre)
Sentiment - Studio G
Flowers - Oxfam
TGF Wild Sprout Stamp - Dahlia. Coloured in with Promarkers (Ivory, Blus, Vanilla, Saffron, Cinammon, Cocoa, Pastel Beige, Berry Red, Poppy, Moss, Grass, Gold)

I managed to organise my stash completely last night which is great because I now know where everything is - hurrah! Hopefully my card-making sessions will be a bit more productive now that I won't spend half my time rooting around for a particular item!

Anyway, must get back to 'real' work :( Have a great Monday!

Much love,

13 comments:

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. Love the anya image and her decoupaged flower looks fab. Great papers and the oxfam flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
I'm so jealous...wish I was going to Florida lol!

Dawny P

Oh what lovely colours you used, and your card is just fabulous. Love the decoupaged flower :) Thank you for joining us at AFA, hugs, Dawny xxx

weewiccababe

fab card Hannah, love all the wee detail and decoupaging
thanks for joining in at PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

SallyB

Hi Hannah... I love the two ribbons tied together...I think I might use that idea next time...hope that's ok with you!
have you been to the new shop by the cinema..It's the button company... eternal maker..they have moved from Oving! So many gorgeous buttons and ribbon! You will love it!

scrappyjacky

Gorgeous card...and the colours are so autumny.

Gina

Gorgeous card Hannah, I love the image you have used and how you have decoupaged it :)

Thanks for joining in at PFP this week

Hugs Gina xxx

Michele

Such a pretty card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Dragonlady

Hi Hannah,

Lovely card and so much going on. Great 3d work.

Ali x

yvonne

Hi
What a lovely card, beautiful autumn colours
Thanks for joining us at AFA
Yvoone x

My name is Wynneth

You lucky girl Han - off to the Florida sunshine :0)

Love your card, the autumn colours are so lush and the decoupaged element adds the perfect touch :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Renata

Great colours and I love all the details, the pretty flowers, the way you tied the ribbon and the 3-D!

Love from AFA!

Renata

Jackie

Love the card and your chosen colours, Hannah! If you want to hop on over to my blog, I have candy on offer :)

Mary J

Yum! Love that red, really brings the card to life!