Friday, September 18, 2009

Sunflower Time...


This card is for a friend at work whose Mother-in-Law's 80th birthday is next Monday. She requested a 'Sunflower' theme and that it read "Happy 80th Birthday Mummy Vi" and the rest was up to me. I did have a quick look through my cricut cartridges but couldn't find the flower I wanted...I googled a Sunflower and then embellished the template by cutting some of the edges to make it look 3-D as well as making the centre and 'smooching' the petals.

Here's what I came up with...

A close up of the sunflower - I think the ribbon works quite well as the centre...

Loopy-de-do writing courtesy of my beloved cricut machine...

Close up of the ribbons, paper and gems...


Recipe...

Papermania Gold Adhesive Gem
Plain brown ribbon and gold ribbon from Hobbycraft
Sparkly and bristly ribbon used for the centre of the sunflower is Papermania
Pumpkin Smooch Accent Ink on the petals
Not sure where the paper is from - I know it was a single sheet though not in a pack!
Cricut Cartridge - Lyrical Letters

Really hope she likes it as well as the Mother-in-Law! I always feel a bit nervous with specific card orders and worry that they will dislike them. I always think it's nice if I can get as close to what people would like to see on their cards.

Yay for it being Friday! I've only got this weekend to work 'full time' as it were on my cards and stuff for the Craft Fair (I'm starting to get nervous/excited!) I'll announce the winner of my blog candy once I've sat down properly I'll get my Mr Hannah to pick the winner out a hat and post on here.
Enjoy your Friday!

Much love,

2 comments:

Dragonlady

Hi Hannah

What a simply stunning birthday card. It is fantastic.

Ali x

SallyB

Such a happy Sunny card! Yes, I love the centre of the sunflower...lovely and fluffy.