Saturday, September 19, 2009

Race Card + Blog Candy Winner


Well it's been a very busy day today as I've been trying to make some 'different' cards for the Craft Fair next weekend. I didn't feel too creative when I started but once I got going and had made a few I felt better :o) I've forced myself to make cards 'out of my comfort zone' as I like to call it (as I'm sure we all have favourite stamps/techniques/products we all love to use!) which I found a bit hard but I had to think what others would like and not necessarily me! Anyway, here's a taster of what I made today...

Recipe...

Plain orange card with backing paper from DCWV's Kids mat stack
Embellishments from stash (not sure where from as they were loose!)
Letter transfers from Papermania

This was a pretty quick one..probably only took me about 10-15minutes but I thought it would probably be a good one for a boy's birthday to go in my stash.

I went to Homebase this afternoon and managed to pick up some really cute white straw baskets to display my cards in at the Craft Fair rather than my usual cardboard box - thought it would look a bit more professional! They were only £1.49 each - what a bargain! I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed about the Fair next weekend - at least I'll have Mr Hannah with me so I won't be on my tod!

Anyway, onto the bit you're all waiting for - the blog candy winner! I wrote out numbers 1-13 on a bits of paper and asked Mr Hannah to pick one out for me.
He picked Number.......................................................................................*drum roll please*
..............................................................................................................................
12!

That's you Jackie! So a big well done to you and thanks to all those that took part. I'm sure I'll come up with some more blog candy soon so keep a look out. Jackie - please can you email me (hcporter@hotmail.com) and let me know what you would like and I'll get that ordered for you!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and managing to get some crafting done. Mr Hannah has promised to take me to Hobbycraft tomorrow so I think I'll get some ribbon to tie round the white baskets to jazz them up a bit. Thank goodness for Hobbycraft...I only wish they had more 'superstores' like Hobbycraft around although I do love the little independent shops even if they are a bit more expensive sometimes. I'm babbling now so I'll stop!!!

Much love,

7 comments:

Dragonlady

Hi Hannah

Great boys card and good luck with the craft fair.

Congrats to Jackie too.

Ali x

Kary Sol

Congrats to Jackie!!!
Beautiful card Hannah! Thanks!!!

SallyB

Hi Hannah..your baskets sound lovely. I use Baskets too...Guess where I got mine from?
Good Ole Trading Post! Is it ScrappyJacky who won your candy? Congrats to her...

Debs

Hi Hannah, great card, ideal for a young boys birthday. Good luck with the craft fair.
Debs x

scrappyjacky

Such a lovely bright card...perfect for a boy.

Cherry

Gorgeous Hannah - good luck for craft fair. Congrats to Jacky. XXX

Jackie

Hi Hannah....your cards are lovely, I'm sure you'll do well at the craft fayre. They can be quite daunting at first but once you've made you first sale you'll be raring to go :)

Thanks for drawing me out for your blog candy, off to email you now :))