Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pink & White + 1

I've finally got round to entering the Anyone for Anya challenge for the first time this week having been ridiculously busy the past few weeks I haven't had the time to enter challenges. Anyway, I'm slowing down now and I was so excited about this new blog as like many of you have fallen for these cute little stamps! I don't have a massive collection (although am about to order 2 more - unsure on which one's! - so don't tell Mr Hannah!) but I decided to use my gorgeous ballerina stamp and instead of the usual take on girly ballet cards I decided to make this a little bit more funky and dash a bit of black in there..
***
***
A close up of the funky ballerina with her glittery crown...
***
***
A close up of the paper, the ribbon and the punched cardstock....a pink button layered with a black button and a cute heart gem...
***
***
Gorgeous black lace ribbon from LLB which I've glued some pink beads on to add some sparkle...
***
***
Recipe...

Paper is from my stash - it was loose but think it's from a collection
Ribbon - plain black is from Wal Mart (in USA) and lace ribbon is from LLB collection embellished with pink beads
Plain pink card punched with Martha Stewart doily lace punch (yay!)
Buttons from stash
Letters were transfers from Papermania
Ballerina Anya image stamped with black Memento ink and coloured with promarkers - black, blossom, rose pink, ivory, vanilla, blush - & her crown is embellished with silver glitter glue
***
Definitely a different spin on the cute ballerina image! I like it - it's very funky and I love how the black and pink contrast each other so much (in a good way!)

Much love,

4 comments:

Renata

Love the lace and ribbon and the bling-bling on her tiara!

Nice to have you in our AFA Challenge this week!

Warmest regards, Renata

yvonne

Lovely card. I love the colours you have used. The lace adds a nice touch
Yvonne x

Spyder

Lovely card! Never used these colours before and it looks really good! Love the lace and all the detail!
((Lyn)

Dawny P

This is such a pretty card and that image is so sweet :) Love the lace xxx Thank you for joining us at AFA. Hugs, Dawny xxx