Thursday, September 10, 2009

On your Wedding Day...

It's one of my good friend's wedding tomorrow and I'm so excited for her. I am creatively exhausted since I finished Em's scrapbook so I did have a look in town for some wedding cards but then decided I had to make a personalise one for the happy couple :o) So here is the finished card...

A close up of the beautiful wedding dress...


Our printer is not working properly with black ink but I think grey looks nicer and a bit more subtle...


The couple already live together so I thought I'd give them some Turkish lira for their honeymoon. I made this little pouch to hold the lira inside the card...



Recipe...

Glitter paper and glitter flowers are Flower Factory
Embellishment is from K & Co
Papermania gems for the centres
Ribbon from stash
Really hope they like it! I'm off to the reception tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I sit next to Kim at work and we've chatted about the wedding for months and months so it will be great to see everything in place!
I must post pics of the scrapbook at the weekend - my pages are alot different to most people's I've seen as I like my pages busy!! Anyway, nearly Friday - can't wait for a lie-in on Saturday!!!

Much Love,

2 comments:

SallyB

Hi Hannah...Great idea with the money held inside the card. Love all the glitter!
Have a good weekend and lie in! Spare a thought for those of us who will have little ones bouncing in at 7.30am and putting cold feet on my tummy.

Jackie

Lovely cards Hannah. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

Don't be afraid of making the wedding stationery, just take it slowly and you will be fine :)