Thursday, September 03, 2009

My goodies from NYC!


As promised, below are a few pics of the various YUMMY craft goodies I picked up in NYC - I didn't actually realise how much I'd bought....oops ;o) To be fair, alot of it just 'fell' into my basket whilst I was shopping teehee! Didn't manage to get to visit The Ink Pad which was a bit of a bummer as I've heard many good things about this tiny little shop....always next time!

In this pic you can see two of three martha stewart punches I picked up for about £8 each including the doily lace one which I have been after for AGES! Also two small stacks of DCWV papers and some ribbon in the back which was $1 and the halloween stamp which was $2!

You can see my cricut tote in the background - got that for $64, I think you can get them for about £70 here. Also some FAB paper from K&Co - this was $9.99 but they had 40% off K&Co stuff that week (alot of American shops do offers like this esp in the craft shops - Jo Anns, Michaels etc) so the paper was only about $6! Also my cricut tool kit and some Martha Stewart ribbon reduced to $5...

Lots of cute embellishments, especially some K&Co stuff which I hadn't seen before here and some diamonte chipboard letters which I think were about $4....

More embellishments and halloween stuff...those stamps near the bottom were $1 each...

How cute are those little spiders?! I'm not sure what I'm gonna use the Halloween stuff for but I've never seen such cool stuff over here so obviously had to get a few bits!

Here is my new pride of joy!!! I ordered this online whilst I was in the UK then picked it up in the nearest Wal Mart to Manhattan which was only a quick bus ride away. Got this for $184 (not including tax) which is about £120 - they retail for about £230 here! Can't wait to try it out...

Picked up a 'few' cartridges. I purposely picked one's that Atty's Mum hasn't got. Can you see the Hello Kitty one? They were on promotion that week and the offer finished that day. Meant to be eh!? The retailed from about $50-$100 - the HK was $100 - but they were on sale for $39.99!!! Absolute bargain! In the pic is my beloved EK Success 3D butterfly punch - managed to get that for about £4 as I had printed off a coupon before I went which got me 40% off!


So that's it! I LOVE shopping for craft stuff in USA - apart from being cheaper, they definitely have cooler things out there (well I think so!) especially the embellishments!

Hope you like the pics!

Much love,

4 comments:

Jane

OMG! Fab stuff!!America is the place to go then eh!!
You lucky thing!!!
Jane
:0)

Cherry

WOW WOW!! Gorgeous stuff Han. Bet you can't wait to play now!!! You've got wonderful stuff - enjoy. Can't wait to see the cards. Cherry XXX

*psychangel*

What bargains you got Hannah! Looking forward to the lovely cards you'll be making! Ang x

SallyB

wOw..You really did do a lot of craft shopping...all looks so yummy! I can't wait to go now...please let me know where the best places are to go! I will hopefully get some christmas bargains!