Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cool Birthday...

I popped into a new(ish - think it's been open for a few weeks) Craft Shop called The Eternal Maker after work which is literally about 2minutes walk from my work - dangerous I know! I've been meaning to go there for a while and finally got round to it today. It was beautiful in there, almost like a boutique and I was a little scared to touch things! Anyway, I picked up some prima flowers, some lovely paper and a set of Ice Cream themed Woodware stamps. I wasn't sure of the colours I wanted to use but flicked through my DCWV stacks and came across this delish paper and this is what I came up with...


A close up of the ice cream - I think I was trying to make it look like mango sorbet (to match the paper!)


Close up of the sentiment and punched card...


Close up of the Prima Flower - really striking colour...


Recipe...

Patterned Paper is from 'Kids' DCWV Glitter Mat Stack
Sentiment & Ice Cream stamp from Woodware coloured in with Promarkers - Berry red, Cinnamon, Gold, Pumpkin, Amethyst, Lavender and accented with Sakura White Gel Pen
Prima paper flowers with Papermania brad centres
Various bits of cardstock punched with Martha Stewart punch & a Papermania adhesive gem

Yummy colours! I guess Summer is over but this card definitely reminds me of it :o) Am craving ice-cream now....

Much love,

3 comments:

Kary Sol

Very nice card!!!!

Spyder

Lovely card, lovely colours, you're soooo lucky to have a crafty shop near you. All mine are miles and miles away!

Lynne in NI

Gorgeous - I love all those bright happy papers you used and your image is so nicely coloured too