Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Any colour + polka dots...& polka dot party

I seem to be much more organised this week and have managed to create a card for this week's Passion for Promarker's Challenge and My Time to Craft Challenge (first go!). I was unable to enter last week's Promarker challenge as I didn't have sandstone but loved this week's theme on both the blogs- polka dots! Even though I'd made a card with polka dots on it yesterday I decided to make a new card with different colours. As you can tell, I am loving my Anya ballerina, the black lace and doily punch - I have so many yummy products to use it's difficult deciding what to use! I chose purple and black and after finding some polka dot paper and then had  a rummage through my stash to see what looked good with what. Here's what I came up with...


A close up of the gorgeous Anya - probably a bit unconventional to colour her hair black and purple but it's good to be different sometimes...



I used Papermania adhesive gems to make her eyes 3-D...



The Happy Birthday sentiment was off a mini pack of stamps I picked up in Hobbycraft for 99p. I've threaded some ribbon all the way through the tag...



Close up of that gorgeous LLB black lace trim - I've added some purple gems to the centres...




Recipe

Polka Dot paper and plain cardstock from stash
Punch used was Martha Stewart Doily Punch
Tag is from Making Memories with ribbon from Hobbycraft
Black lace is from LLB
Gems are from Papermania (black, blue, purple)
Purple handmade paper is from DCWV Mat Stack
Anya Ballerina stamped using Memento ink and coloured in with Promarkers - Amethyst, Aubergine, Lavender, Black, Silver, Ivory, Vanilla & Blush

Hope you like it!

Much love,

8 comments:

weewiccababe

gorgeous colouring Hannah
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
have you tried the PfP blog hop to try and win the 56 new colours yet?
Debbi
xx

Michele

Gorgeous card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Dragonlady

This is a super card Hannah. Lov ethe colouring and the sassy black lace!!!

Ali x

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. The black lace looks stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Natalie

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Lesley

Cute card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Suzanne

Hannah this is gorgeous love the image and papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

helen

great card hannah loving her purple hair
thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x