Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Scuba Fun...


Good Morning all! As my presence on Craftbubble has been fairly limited recently, I thought I'd make the effort to do the Let's Get Stamping Challenge this week using Katie's sketch below. No specifics or twists this week so I got to use my awesome new stamp from Stampendous collection. I'm really into my bright colour's at the moment! I love mixing colours together that you wouldn't normally think would compliment each other. Lots of different textures and parts to this card.....

Here is Katie's sketch....


And here is my interpretation...(please excuse the wet glue I was too tired last night to wait for it to dry then take a pic!)

Close up of Chanqito scuba diving...the bubbles are beads and I added in the wave curls and seaweed myself using Smooch accent ink....

Glittery fishy...

LOVE that backing paper...it's from...yep you guessed it DCWV - I am obsessed! They do the best papers though for funky cards :o) Good card for a little boy methinks!

Recipe

Backing paper is DCWV (Glitter Stack 12 x 12)
Plain Cardstock are Papermania Strips
Ribbon from Hobbycraft (bought by the metre)
Fish embellishment from Craftime
Sentiment and Stamp from Stampendous - Scuba Changito
Bubbles are beads bought from Hobbycraft
Stamped image coloured using Azure, Green Apple, Pumpkin Smooch Accent Ink
Corners rounded using X Cut Corner Punch

Hope everyone is well...am so tired at the moment but still managing to fit in my card making at the moment....must do a scrapbook page later though. I wish I was at home to make cards all day but I've booked 24th off so fingers crossed I'll craft my socks off then!

Love,