Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Promarker Challenge # 12 - Cocoa & Rose Pink


Over on the promarker challenge this week it's Cocoa and Rose Pink.....when I looked at the colouors together it just made me think of chocolate and cakes and all things sweet so I just had to use that digi image! I was a bit naughty as I went to Hobbycraft after work last night and treated myself to DCWV Sweet Stack 6 x 6 - not cheap at £7.99 for 36 sheets! I've wanted it for aaages though. Back to the challenge...no twists or sketch to follow this week so it was nice and simple...just like my card this week :o)

Here's a close up of the cheeky little monkey - can't believe he's stuffed after eating such a small piece! I used Heat it up embossing power to create 'frosting'....

Never really used beads/charms on my cards but saw it my stash and thought it would add a nice touch. Note the cake extravaganza in the corner - yes please...

Used a fiskars punch to create a hole and threaded the ribbons through and knotted them. Decided to keep lengths different, think it looks a little imperfect which I like...

This sentiment was in one of my DCWV sticker stack's (I am definitely keeping them in business!) but it was white text so I used my cocoa promarker to go over it and also used my rose pink around the edge as that was white too. Again I didn't want to be too neat as you can tell...

The least amount of promarkers I think I have ever used on a card! Kept it simple...


Recipe


DCWV Sweet Stack 6 x 6 (yay! love it already...it was a bit painful tearing those papers out!)
Pink and Brown Cardstock from Paper Mill
Digi image from Dustin Pike (courtesy of Katie) coloured using promarker selection above. Heat it up! embossing powder and pink glitz it glitter used on the frosting.

Ribbon from Hobbycraft (29p per metre - best way to buy ribbon!)
Sentiment from DCWV Sticker Stack
Bead/Charm from stash



Hope you like it! Looking as it has made me crave a cupcake now.....


Love,


5 comments:

Michele

Such a fabulous card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Perfect papers and fab details to. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

weewiccababe

fab card Hannah, I'm not surprised that monkey is stuffed - the cupcake is nearly as big as him lol
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a super cute card. Love the image (the monkey's face is so funny) and the papers are lovely. Thanks for joining us again this week at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

helen

lovin that cute monkey, fab card hannah great papers too
thanks for joining us at pfp this week, good luck
hugs
helen x

lil-paper-pixie

Hannah this is adorable I love it, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah