Monday, August 10, 2009

Promarker Challenge # 11 - Any colours + sketch

This week over on the Passion for Promarkers blog it was any colours! Yay! But you had to follow a sketch and it was a good 'un! I didn't really decide on specific colours or have any in mind but I went through my paper stacks and found myself drawn to a paper in my DCWV Posies stack (I'm like a magpie drawn to shiny/glittery things!) I think it's easier to just go with the flow with regards to colours and embellishments rather than plan every detail - where's the fun in that? ;o)

Here is the sketch...


The finished result...

Cute Tilda with her sparkly wings....

Purple (yes they really are purple not blue!) flowers with lime green felt papermania brads and purple gems...
Close up of the gorgeous LLB trim with an Anita Gem tucked in...

Selection of promarkers that I used....


Recipe...

Backing Paper from DCWV (Posies 12 x 12)
Plain Cardstock from Papermania & Paper Mill
Glitter Paper from Flower Factory
Flowers and Brad Centres from Papermania & Gems from Anita's Gem Wheel
Lace Trim from Laurence Llewelyn Bowen Venaissance Collection
Tilda image (courtesy of Susie - thank you!) coloured in with promarkers shown in pic above (pinched that idea from the challenge website, ta very much!) as well as colouring in the background with promarkers which I hadn't done before and I used Silver Glitz It glue on her wings
Sentiment is Papermania Stamp using Memento Ink

Unusual colours but I loved the DCWV backing paper so tried to pick a few of the colours from there to incorporate and tie in with the colours in the various embellishments.

Let me know what you think :o)

Love,

6 comments:

Michele

Such a pretty card Hannah. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for trying my sketch and joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

weewiccababe

fab card Hannah, love the colours you've chosen
thanks for joining us again this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and the lace is stunning. This paper is one of my faves too. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

helen

Hannah this is lovely i love the blingy papers and the colours are fab, thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.