Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sketchie Challenge #3

I was a bit more organised with my attempt for this week's sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble and after spending an hour organising my craft stash, I was ready to make this week's card. The twist this week was to use left over/off cuts of paper and colours that you wouldn't usually put together and this was Katie's sketchie that we had to follow:


and this was my card...


Recipe:

- The backing paper was an offcut I had used a few week's back for a scrapbooking page which was from DCWV's glitter stack
- the blue and yellow were scraps I had from making die-cuts using Papermania Card Strip
- the busy bee text and bee sticker were from DCWV's spring Sticker Stack Combo
- Buttons were from stash
- Stamped Image was Magnolia, Tilda with a Bee coloured in using promarkers (sky blue, cyan, blue pearl, satin, ivory, blush, pastel pink , apple, forest green, lemon, yellow and black - phew!)

I wasn't sure that these colours would work but put them together anyway and think it works pretty well! That's why I love these challenges as they make you try out new things...I know I sometimes need a bit of a push to work outside of my comfort zones (as I'm sure others do too!) but really enjoyed this one!

Hope you like it,

1 comments:

SallyB

OOh I love this little bee Tilda... well done with managing the craftbubble challenges. I always promise I am going to do them and then the time just flies. All looks lovely with the leftovers!