Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Promarker Challenge #4 - Berry Red & Royal Blue

This week's challenge colour's over on the Promarker Challenge were Berry Red and Royal Blue - I was a bit unsure about this colour mix and found it sooooooo difficult to find a decent backing paper but trusty K & Company came to my rescue! Once the card came together, I was once again proved wrong about the colour mix. This is why I absolutely LOVE challenges - they 'force' you (in the nicest of ways!) to try new things whether it be a new product, new colours, new techniques...just love 'em love 'em love 'em! And those promarkers...boy are they addictive! Well worth the dosh. Anyway, onto my card (apologies about the picture...unless it's the weekend I make my cards at night when the natural light has all gone!):


Here is a close up of the gorgeous Tilda:


I've used all sorts of different textures this week - my cards always must be 3-D...I love to feel what's on my card (I'm not wierd I promise; just love different textures hehe!) I placed Tilda to the side to make a change and made it look like she is sitting on the big 'S' on the backing paper. I didn't feel the card needed a sentiment either as I think it would look too crowded...what do you reckon?

To make this card I used:

K & Company 12 x 12 Mira Indigo World Swirl Flat Paper
Blue & Red Ribbon from stash
Blue & Red Glitz It Glitter Glue
Cherry Tilda from Magnolia Stamps coloured in using Berry Red, Royal Blue, Light Blue and Ivory, Blush and Pastel Yellow. I used Gelly Roll White pen to create the gingham effect.

Hope you like it!

Love,


10 comments:

The Crafty Den

Hi Hannah, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab (I particularly like the gingham effect). Great backing paper - good 'ol K & Co. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Michele

Fabulous card. Love the image and the great colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

helen

hannah this is perfect lovely papers and i love her tights
thanks for joining us at PfP this week
hugs
helen x

lil-paper-pixie

Lovely card Hannah, just loving that Tilda, thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Ida / Little

Hannah this is really nice, I love how decorative the backing paper is and that you have placed Tilda in the swing of the print is just fab! Great coloring and piecing :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

weewiccababe

fab card Hannah, your colouring is great
thanks for joining us at PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Natalie

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Suzanne

This is gorgeous thank you for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

j

Fantastic card !!!!
Colouring is perfection !!!!

Jean

Caryn

Hannah your card is fabulous - I so know what you mean about challenges though - they do force you out of your comfort zone. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at PFP - see you next week hopefully!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx