Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my Dad's birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd make him a funky card instead of buying him one for more money than it would cost me to make two of these! Anyway, I really liked the colours I used and tried to keep it fairly masculine (i.e no pinks or purples!) but didn't want to be boring and just use blue/black/white. So onto the card! Here it is:


Here is a close up of the stamped candles image coloured in with promarkers:

To make this card I used:
Buttons & Ribbon from Stash
Papermania Greetings Stamp for the 'Happy Birthday'
Papermania 'snag 'em' stamps for the candles and cake coloured in using Cyan, Lime Green, Pumpkin and Yellow
Card is DCWV Glitter Stack
Card strips are from Papermania as well
Letters are from DCWV Spring Combo Pack

What do you think? Hope my Dad will like it...still got to make his father's day card for Sunday as well as quite a few orders to finish off for people at work. I used the mini easel Mr Hannah bought me to prop the card up to take the picture and I love it! I'd told him about other people having these cute mini art easels so he went and bought me one :o) Gotta love him!

Love,

0 comments: