Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Cards

I had to make two Father's day card's today - one for myself, one for Mr Hannah's Dad. I made mine first (no.1) but struggled to get ideas for the second one but finally (after much rooting around in my ever expanding craft stash!) I found this wine bottle embellishment which met Mr Hannah's approval. Hurrah! Both cards have similar colour schemes which I think are fairly traditional but have funky details to bring out the best in each colour tone. Here is Card Number One (sounds like Blind Date hehe!)


And here is a close up of Tyroler Edwin coloured using promarkers

I love this image, think it is soooo cute!! Hope my Dad likes it too. Love the colour scheme on this card, especially loving the olive tone as I rarely manage to get that particular tone in my cards.

To make this card I used:

Backing Paper from Daisy & Dandelion Paper Collection A5 Picnic Pack
Olive Tone Paper from Papermania Pack 6 x 6
Buttons and Ribbon from Stash (green buttons coloured with gold glitz it glitter glue) - think Ribbon was adhesive pack from Hobbycraft
Tyroler Edwin stamped image coloured using Promarkers (olive green, green, lime green, cinammon, cocoa, dusky pink, vanila, ivory and wings coloured with gold glitz it glitter glue)
Father's Day tag from Daisy & Dandelion

Here is card No.2 for Mr Hannah's Dad:


He does love a glass of vino or two particularly red, so this embellishment was particularly fitting! His Dad is fairly traditional so I didn't want anything two lovey-dovery or too modern. I'm not sure which one I prefer! Mr Hannah was very pleased...even more so that he got it for free! Here is a close up of the embellishment part:

To make this card I used:

Backing Paper from Daisy & Dandelion Paper Collection A5 Picnic Pack
Lime Green & Brown tone Paper from Papermania Pack 6 x 6
Buttons, Ribbon, embellishment from stash
Lime Green Glitz It! glitter glue used on brown ribbon and Gold Glitz It! glitter glue on bBrown buttons
Green glitter brad is from Papermania
Gold Lettering is from an Anita peeloff sheet

So I've managed to make three cards today - got to make three more tomorrow for orders from work colleagues. Busy craft weekend but I can't complain...I love what I do! Hope everyone has had a lovely Saturday.

Love,

2 comments:

SallyB

Great cards, Hannah!
My cardmaking has been on hold for a few days as it was the School Summer fair on Friday and as Chair of FOBS I was running the show...
It's a lovely event just hardwork organising it! Hope to get some new cards up soon.

scrappyjacky

Great cards...I'm sure they'll love them...really like the colour scheme you chose...I've never seen that Edwin before.